- Single #2 off upcoming 5/12 album Slow Wave
- Music video funded by MUCHFact to be released 4/12
- Recently signed to US label Handwritten Records (House Arrest/Sony Red)
- Showcased at SXSW 2017
- Performed at Neon Festival Festival w Temples, Las Vegas
- Support for Wolf Parade at CMW Sirius XM House 4/21
- Played numerous live shows across Canada, the US and the UK opening for larger acts such as July Talk, Elephant Stone, USS, Milo Green and Paper Lions.
- Played The Great Escape 2016
- Played a showcase at TIFF 2016
- Music video for "Hanging From The Ceiling" featured in heavy rotation on MUCH and Stingray Loud
- Featured on the Strombo Show
- Toronto's Edge 102.1's Top 5 bands to watch
- Debut EP "A Hot Second with the Velveteins" hit #110 on CMJ's top 200 college radio chart
- EP hit #33 on the Canadian national earshot charts
Don't Yah Feel Better SINGLE Highlights (Dec 2nd, 2016)
Listen to 'Don't Yah Feel Better' HERE
- Single Premiered on UK blog GoldFlake Paint (Read here)
- Matt Wilkinson of Apple Beats 1 spun single Dec 3
- Played on CBC Radio "q" with Tom Power, March 16
- Spotify Canada Indie All Star Playlist (Listen here)
- Indie Mono Alternative 2017 Spotify Playlist (Listen here)
- BIRP! January 2017 Playlist (Listen here)
- Music Video premiered on NOISEY (Read/Watch here)
- Featured on CBC Music/Radio 3 (Read here)
- CBC Radio 3 Top 30 February 6th, 2017 (Read here)
- Single featured on Alan Cross' A Journal of Musical Things (Read here)
- Single featured in Spill Magazine (Read here)
- Single featured on IDIOTEQ (Read here)
- Single/Video featured on Buried Muse (Read here)
Midnight Surf Single
Release Date: March 31, 2017
Label: fierce panda canada (WW ex. US) Handwritten Records (US) Fierce Panda Records (UK/EU)
Distributor: Fontana North/Believe Digital (CAD), Sony RED (US), The Orchard (UK/EU)
Produced By: Colin Stewart
MGMT: Spencer Morphy - email@example.com
Label & Publisher: fierce panda canada - firstname.lastname@example.org
US Label: Handwritten Records - email@example.com
UK/EU Label: Fierce Panda Records - firstname.lastname@example.org
Publicity (Blogs): Auteur Research - email@example.com
Booking Agent: Amanda Schweers - firstname.lastname@example.org
Radio: Dan Ball - email@example.com
UK/European Rep: Tom Poole - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Velveteins are a rock n' roll band from Edmonton, Canada. Their style of heavy guitar pop has translated into energetic live shows across Canada, America, and the UK opening for acts like July Talk, Elephant Stone, Michael Rault, and Milo Greene. Their first EP “A Hot Second With The Velveteins” has been described as “rollicking garage, moody surf [...and] pop classicism with a rough edge” (EXCLAIM!) Signed to Fierce Panda Canada, the group is set to release their debut LP Slow Wave produced by Colin Stewart (Dan Mangan, Black Mountain).
"‘Don’t Yah Feel Better’ lights the torch with a succinct pot of gleaming production and honest simplicity. Assured, demonstrative and undisguised, The Velveteins crack out the surf-pop hooks"
"If their first single is any indication, we can expect an album filled with earworm-worthy melodies and psychedelic grooves that stick to your bones."
- CBC Music
"... a collision of the Kinks and the Libertines, rollicking garage, moody surf [...and] pop classicism with a rough edge."
"The Velveteins are taking all their inspiration from the past but adding the original touch to it. Any band can replicate the sounds and styles of the 60's and 70's but few can take it and make it better."
- 3rd Outing
"The Velveteins have been on a tear recently; dropping only the hits, making awesome videos, and even getting covered by the top dogs,"
- Buried Muse